So this post is really for my readers to help ME! I have tried to cut my food budget to allow more money in my overall budget to go to paying off debt. Well my problem is...I allocated $500 a month to a family of 5: 2 adults, a 9 year old, 7 year old and 6 year old girls. Now you wouldn't think girls eat that much, but they could probably put the boys to shame. Well needless to say $500 a month is not enough. With snacks, lunch items, drinks, dinner meals and produce, I just do not see it happening! Yes I already coupon. But a lot of the coupons for items are boxed or frozen and we do not eat much of that. We try to eat organic but depending on the season, that's not always viable.
So my question to you is, how much do you spend a month on your family and how many people is that? What budget friendly meals do you have that are not prepackaged foods and at least somewhat healthy for you? I need meal ideas!!! (My family is SICK of chicken cutlets!) Where do you find meal ideas or websites to help you combine meals from items in your home or sale items? I NEED YOUR HELP!

Comments

04/08/2017 11:33am

I hope you will find a solution. I can't help you, unfortunately. I wish I could.

07/11/2017 6:59pm

I think my cooking these days is a lot more relaxed from when I was working in professional kitchens. Spending time in people's kitchens made me realize that people want to eat healthy meals that are easy to prepare, with minimal ingredients that can be made on a budget. The cold harsh reality is that we have to balance the budget. It isn't what you earn but how spend it that fixes your class. Budgeting has only one rule do not go over budget.

04/10/2017 8:08am

Thanks for this information... Love to read your articles.

04/11/2017 10:41am

Thanks for this information... Like to study your content.

04/27/2017 7:30pm

We need more info about this issue, hope you give some additional updates. Thanks!

05/16/2017 5:29am

This blog is really useful. Pet care is a critical obligation of pet proprietorship.

Beautiful Escorts in Goa available for fun. Call Amazing Escorts in Goa............

08/05/2017 12:13am

09/16/2017 2:20pm

Good to know about that availability.

Picture

About the Author
    -Sandra

Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am a 33 year old mother of 3 wonderful girls. I have a wonderful fiance that has been very supportive and dealt with a lot as a step-parent. (No one said it was easy!) We just recently bought and moved into our first home in November and have tons of home improvement projects to work on! We have a wonderful Lab Mix dog named Rocky, whom we adopted from a shelter and is one of the most best behaved dogs I have ever had! We are on our financial journey out of debt this year and are following Dave Ramsey to get there! My fiance is working on getting through a web development course and I am working in healthcare and blogging. As usual, life is busy!